I can’t believe it’s time for Zero Waste Week again! This year the week devoted to raising awareness of environmental issues runs from 6th-10th September. This is the sixth Zero Waste Week I’ve taken part in and the 14th overall. 14 years of inspiring people to cut down on their waste and reduce their impact on the environment. I wonder how many items have been reused, recycled, composted or simply not used at all in those 14 years? That’s such a huge achievement for the organisers, Rachelle Strauss and Anna Pitt, and all those involved.
This year’s Zero Waste Week focuses on the support we can all give each other to reduce our waste. The encouragement we can give when the challenge seems too big, the tips and advice we can pass on, the funny stories or frustrations we can share. Over the week, I and the other ambassadors will be sharing loads of advice from simple swaps to motivation. And we’d love you to join in to.
- Have questions about what you can and can’t put in your compost.
- Can’t work out how to swap out that one item that’s always in your bin.
- Would like to know more about what you can and can’t recycle.
- Would appreciate some ideas for plant-based meals to reduce your meat intake.
- Need help planning zero waste occasions and events.
- Want some tips for reducing waste in your school or workplace.
- Need ideas for how to bring family, friends and colleagues on board too.
Or maybe you are already totally bossing zero waste and you’d like to share your best tips and advice during Zero Waste Week. You can leave your queries or tips in the comments section of this blog post or tweet using the hashtag #ZeroWasteWeek. Don’t forget to sign up to Zero Waste Week 2021 here if you haven’t already done so and have a look in the shop for bags, books, courses, posters and more! We all can’t wait for Zero Waste Week – see you on the 6th!